T O P

Also, Donald Trump

Also, Donald Trump

AutoModerator

#Freedom Lovers! If you see: ##• Nazis ##• Nazi Enablers ##• Calls to Violence ##• Infighting #Smash That Report Button - Thwart the Fash! --- ^(Nazis, fascists, fascist apologists, whattaboutism, and bigotry are banned here. Report Nazi tactics, false flaggers, agents provocateur and bigoted behaviour!) See [Our Rules](https://www.reddit.com/r/Fuckthealtright/about/rules/) for more information! Fuck the Alt-Right! *I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/Fuckthealtright) if you have any questions or concerns.*


LonoHypernova

Instead of aiding the poor, money is being given to preachers who already own private planes so that they can buy more private jets.


DiogenesK-9

> Instead of aiding the poor, money is being given to preachers who already own private planes so that they can buy more private jets. Trickle down, man. The people who build and sell those planes not to mention the fuel companies and those who maintain and fly those planes benefit from that kind of conspicuous consumption..... /s


NightshadeX

Supply Side Jesus loves you.


censorinus

And let's not forget Jeff Bezos donating to 'charity' to apologize for his kerfuffle about everyone making his not a space flight possible. Who did he give a million dollars each to? A couple of celebrity millionaires..


passporttohell

Oh, it was actually 200 million... https://www.npr.org/2021/07/20/1018414444/bezos-landed-thanked-amazon-workers-and-shoppers-for-paying-gave-away-200-millio


KnottShore

[Kenneth Copeland](https://deadline.com/2019/06/kenneth-copeland-televangelist-inside-edition-private-jets-1202625663/) has entered the chat.


throwaway24562457245

That guy looks seriously creepy.


KnottShore

Stay safe and healthy.


Uriel-238

Yes prosperity theology. 30% of Evangelical Protestants in the US believe in the stuff figuring they and their ministry will camel their way through the eye of a needle. Camel is a verb now.🐪


Livingonthevedge

Cody Johnston (the replier) is a pretty entertaining youtuber. Y'all would probably get a long well with him


newagesewage

[Warmbo voice] B-but wells aren't *loong*. They're deeep.. and go to water!


vhooters

Love Cody’s Showdy


Bobolequiff

I fucking heard that.


Terrorismo

He’s part of a great podcast called Worst Year Ever. It started with the beginnings of the last democratic presidential primary and the title has made more sense every day.


omri1526

Best answer is: Jesus. Dude was a a Galilean Jew


DiogenesK-9

> Best answer is: Jesus. Dude was a a Galilean Jew Not to mention he died ~1700 years before the nation was founded...


relevant_econ_meme

Correct me if I’m wrong but he died around 33ad


theprozacfairy

Which is 1743 years before 1776, unless I’m missing something. Can be rounded to ~1700. Edit: Jesus is more somethings that American Christians think is American.


SignificantBag5

Why do all Alt-right/conspiracy fearmongers talk about year 1776? Is it because of a civil war?


SignificantBag5

Or is it about the year of some kind of enlightenment?


ConstantGradStudent

Yeah, but with inflation that’s about 300 years right?


throwaway24562457245

Black Communist Jew. Can't get much less American than that.


Price-x-Field

being republican


SplitLevel17

Opposition to abortion.


Casual-Human

Numbers 5:16-28 is literally a step-by-step guide for how a priest can give a woman an abortion, so yeah


KnottShore

They do like their bible as they like the Constitution and Bill of Rights: a la carte. [Numbers 5:11-31](https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers%205%3A11-31&version=NIV) for those not inclined to google. https://ffrf.org/component/k2/item/25602-abortion-rights


DrewciferCDXX

Just read that. Holy fuck!


KnottShore

They do like their bible as they like the Constitution and Bill of Rights: a la carte. Stay safe and healthy.


monkeysinmypocket

Homophobia. I don't get how people's homophobia is protected by "religious belief" in the US. It's barely mentioned in the Bible. There are gay clergy FFS.


HawlSera

Not only that, but it's believed Leviticus was mistranslated, and that the passage was about a man laying with a CHILD as with a woman, not a man.


monkeysinmypocket

I did not know that!


Reddit-Book-Bot

Beep. Boop. I'm a robot. Here's a copy of ###[The Bible](https://snewd.com/ebooks/the-king-james-bible/) Was I a good bot? | [info](https://www.reddit.com/user/Reddit-Book-Bot/) | [More Books](https://old.reddit.com/user/Reddit-Book-Bot/comments/i15x1d/full_list_of_books_and_commands/)


throwaway24562457245

And all the homophobia that *is* there is Old Testament, so not Christian anyway.


jasonwhite1976

Also Mike Pence.


DabbingCatHair

Being “pro-life”


Herofthyme

A complete list of everything Jesus said about the LGBT:


throwaway24562457245

Matthew 19:12 can be read to be pro-trans, with *very* outdated terminology.


Herofthyme

Never thought of it that way, doubt it was the intention but makes more sense than any of the verses people try to claim are anti-trans


throwaway24562457245

> doubt it was the intention I actually don't. Jesus was ***aggressively*** all-accepting, and there's a long history of people who have signs of being trans joining a priesthood.


truculentduck

“But I’m pretty sure ‘Subjugate the Other,’ is Jesus’ main message…”


reversetrio

Religious freedom is not Christian. Nor is it freedom to control others with legislation.


DodGamnBunofaSitch

'freedom from religious persecution' is a two way street.


reversetrio

You probably said it better. Except that nowhere in America are Christians being persecuted. Only crying wolf that they are.


Swolyguacomole

Capitalism would've been an answer as well


DancesWithCouch

Are Mormons christian?


who-was-gurgi

There was a post I saw yesterday debating this exact question! I didn’t read too far down, but some people were saying they were not for several belief differences (and I didn’t care enough to remember details.)


JBRawls

If you were to ask Mormons, they would say yes. The term Mormon actually used to be used in a derogatory way towards them until they embraced it. Before then they just called themselves LDS Christians. Other sects of Christianity would not consider them Christian.


Leatherturtle

They think they are the true Christians Source: from Mormon family.


canadiangrlskick

They are Christian. They follow the bible, they just have a supplemental book to go along with it


BaronMostaza

Are christians jewish?


canadiangrlskick

From my understanding Judaism follows only the Old Testament. The New Testament is known as the “Christian testament”. Mormons follow that.


throwaway24562457245

And they're by no means the only Christian Sect that does that. Quakers being the other example I can instantly recite. But some Quakers aren't Christian. Quakers are weird.


Helicant

Christ itself wasn't Christian


Deus0123

Hating


Uriel-238

Ooh! Religious institutions!


Drakeytown

Jesus. Whatever Jesus taught, it wasn't Christianity.


throwaway24562457245

I blame Peter and Paul for the "modern Christianity" personally. Jesus was a black communist jew with some really good ideas.


Drakeytown

Jesus probably never existed. If he did, whatever he preached wouldn't have concentrated on the importance of believing in the resurrection, since that hadn't happened yet, and would have no notion of original sin, since that idea didn't exist in his lifetime.


throwaway24562457245

If you read the stories of his life in the bible, they portray him as a firebrand communist who preached acceptance of people and helping the worst off. --- Several examples: Loaves and fishes. Washing a whore's feet in a public road. Camels, needles, rich men and heaven. Whipping the money-lenders off of the temple steps. --- Like I said, there's a lot of good stuff in there. the problem is that the church that was built by Peter and Paul has basically nothing to do with any of it.


DodGamnBunofaSitch

chistmas fits the original question, too. that was mostly stolen from pagans.


cyrenns

Capitalism. Jesus was a socialist.


throwaway24562457245

Jesus was a *communist*.


cyrenns

True


Kronoan

Cody! Hi man!


itscarlosgyo

Christianity


Leigh272

Capitalism


ackzilla

Santa Claus.


qwerty080

Sending back refugees, treating those who were born elsewhere worse than those born in USA and pretending Bible demands homosexual sex to be punished differently than out of wedlock heterosexual sex.


HawlSera

Honestly I'm tired of people claiming that Christians LITERALLY believe God is a dude with sandals sitting on a cloud. That's not what Christians believe, that's how pop-culture depicts what Christians believe because it's easier. What God actually is just as debatable as his very existence. Also fuck anyone who tries to tell you that the Prosperity Gospel is a thing. Additionally Christopher Hitchens popularized the idea that Mother Teresa was "Actually a monster!", but his sources were pure hear-say, but people believed them because the idea of Atheism was a novel concept in 2008, and Religion seemed like a good scapegoat for the world's problems. See Also: JESUS WAS RIPPED OFF WORD FOR WORD FROM HORUS! (lol no)


critically_damped

Hey why don't you get together with your fellow christians, get your message straight, and *then* come back to tell us what "you all" believe when you get some kind of consensus.


HawlSera

Not a Christian, just tired of people mistaking a pop culture caricature of a surface level understanding is the real thing. Also there are multiple sects that believe different things


critically_damped

Oh then you're even less qualified to declare "no true christian" bullshit. Let the cultists speak for themselves, please.


HawlSera

That's just it, only the cultists who had behind Jesus for their scam (like Joel for example) push the prospertiy gospel nonsense, if we actually look to the bible, we see no support for the idea that if you give to the church God will reward you


Reddit-Book-Bot

Beep. Boop. I'm a robot. Here's a copy of ###[The Bible](https://snewd.com/ebooks/the-king-james-bible/) Was I a good bot? | [info](https://www.reddit.com/user/Reddit-Book-Bot/) | [More Books](https://old.reddit.com/user/Reddit-Book-Bot/comments/i15x1d/full_list_of_books_and_commands/)


throwaway24562457245

That's not the same as claiming that propserity preachers don't exist.


HawlSera

People who claim to do Quantum Physics with their mind in order to heal people exist, that doesn't mean it's accepted by scholars in the field of Quantum Mechanics.


throwaway24562457245

So you're admitting that Prosperity Gospel is a thing that exists. Cool Beans.


HawlSera

So you're admitting that Quantum Healing is a thing that exists. Cool Beans. Didn't know you were a Deepak Chopra fan.... (Just because people make a claim about a field, in this case Theology, does not mean the majority of people in that field agree with said claim or that the claim is true)


throwaway24562457245

Sigh... Snake oil salesmen exist. Snake oil doesn't. See the difference?


DiogenesK-9

> Atheism was a novel concept in 2008 A novel concept? Seriously? There have been a lot of us for a VERY long time. As atheists and rational empiricists we just don't make a lot of noise about something that doesn't exist. We aren't trying to separate people from their money on behalf of invisible friends. Scams and cults are loud because of their malicious intent, the scientific method, by nature, is quiet and methodical.


rexythekind

If you think about it, athiest were around before Christianity. There's likely been atheists for as long as religion has existed.


DiogenesK-9

> There's likely been atheists for as long as religion has existed. From my perspective, rational empiricism and atheism is the default setting for human beings. It's only when other people (frequently parents) convince us that their fairy tales are factual explanations for complex phenomena and situations that human beings move toward religion. It's a shame that some people can't tune in to their own "bullshit alert systems" and demand evidence before believing in invisible friends.


CrazyCoKids

Atheists also *had* to keep quiet. Why did they become loud recently? because the consequences are "ugh you are annoying." Back in the day? You got kicked out of university, had your work erased, got tried for heresy, shunned as an apostate, or even executed. Remember religion has long been co opted by the existing power structures to keep people in place. Divine Right of Kings and all. Even Christianity, for all its "Jesus calls people out as corrupt."


throwaway24562457245

I'm pretty sure Peter and Paul are to blame for Christianity loosing it's roots as proto-communism and all-accepting.


CrazyCoKids

I know, right?


HawlSera

There is more than just Science And it was a novel concept, most of history has had people be very spiritual and religious, it wasn't until the God Delusion book became popular that it really entered the mainstream in such a major way.


DiogenesK-9

> There is more than just Science No, not really.


HawlSera

Science is just a tool for measuring the world and it only works on the tangible, falsifibile things that are not subjective. Go ahead, propose a unit for measuring the hilarity of a joke. Do it. Give me a falsifible experiment to test for creativity. Edit: Downvoted, knew it. Science is not a religion, it is a tool! Stop treating it like a faith!


throwaway24562457245

> Stop treating it like a faith! We don't. You do.


HawlSera

I treat it like a measuring tool and recognize that if I'm not allowed to question something, it's Dogma, not Science


Vulgak

It's a waste dude. Many atheists are genuinely pathologically attached to "empiricism" (I am, of course, discounting what looks to b genuine empirical evidence of "supernatural" phenomena) and averse to any idea of a God. It's frankly strange watching them talk about things such as the hard problem of consciousness when it should be a priori obvious that the usual empirical approaches shouldn't work


throwaway24562457245

To quote Azimov: > When people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together. > if I'm not allowed to question something, it's Dogma, not Science Ahh, the "I'm just asking questions" defence. Common tactic of fascists.


CrazyCoKids

> it wasn't until the God Delusion book became popular that it really entered the mainstream in such a major way. Because throughout history, they experienced risk of persecution from their communities for expressing their beliefs. You may have heard of one who was accused of atheism and executed for it... His name was Socrates. Muslim scholars attacked them as "Unbelievers". Throughout the Reformation and the Renaissance, many other people were accused of atheism as if it was a bad thing - such as Thomas Hobbes, Étienne Dolet, Lucilio Vanini, and Kazimierz Łyszczyński. These are just the ones *who we know of*. Imagine how many more people were accused of atheism and killed for it like 3/4 of those people. (You can probably guess who wasn't.) Even though the French Revolution was a good step for Atheism, Atheists still risked persecution. Percy Shelley was expelled for saying why Atheism was necessary. Charles Bradlaugh was *repeatedly* elected to Parliament but they wouldn't let him in - because he wouldn't take religious oaths. Hell even today people in India (Despite being an origin point of Atheism - albeit different than the way than in Greece&Rome) still get attacked for criticising religious practices. Now mind you, many others were killed for expressing their views as well - it wasn't just "Atheist" - before you say "Uh, what about the Christians here?" or "What about Christian persecution here?". But remember Atheists were persecuted just as much and basically *had* to keep quiet otherwise they risked cancellation or worse.


throwaway24562457245

Diagoras of Melos was executed for being an atheist in ~500BC


CrazyCoKids

And atheists have been persecuted simply because religion has long been used to keep the masses in place. A lack of religion is just as bad as it they followed say, Mithrasism.


throwaway24562457245

I just googled them. Are they the origin of the secret handshake?


CrazyCoKids

Maybe. I only picked Mithrasism because it was an obscure "Pagan" religion from a different time. Hell, there were concerns from some state heads back then that people adhering to one religion might become more loyal to a foreign head of religion (Remember Mithras, for example, was derived from a Zoroastrian deity) than a local ruler. This was a fear of Japan way back in the day as well when Europeans (Except for the Dutch from what I have gathered) were converting Japanese people to Christianity. Hell doesn't China even run its own Christian institution to keep it in check?


throwaway24562457245

There was also the time of two Popes. And the Egyptian Pharaohs. Rulers have been using religion to control people for a *very* long time.


mstrss9

Thank you for reaffirming my decision to be an ex Christian


CrazyCoKids

It's weird how Hawl is all "I'm not christian" yet she proceeds to *act* like a Christian in defending the faith and saying "Oh those people are not *real* Christians."


HawlSera

How? I just told you the Prosperity Gospel was bullshit and you should ignore anyone who tries telling you it's a real thing.


throwaway24562457245

It absolutely is a real thing. People do it. Is it a scam? Of course. But so's religion in general.


HawlSera

It's literally not a real thing thing though? Also, you do know that Science has proven that Spirituality is a geniune need in humans. It's a big reason why Atheists turn to Nihilism, forcing many to become "Spiritual but not Religious" in order to try and "Fill the need" Like that's a proven thing.


throwaway24562457245

[Citation Needed]


HawlSera

Ask and you shall recieve https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/spirituality


throwaway24562457245

Ahh yes. The "stupid people are happier" correlation. I note that they only have internal links, and even they don't claim that there's a causative relation. Check your own sources before citing them? --- I'll also note a nice big complicating factor in that non-spiritual people are a minority in America. With all the social issues that causes.


HawlSera

\*laugh\* "STupid peOPle aRe HaPPiEr" And there goes the arguing in good faith


throwaway24562457245

> And there goes the arguing in good faith You never were. > "STupid peOPle aRe HaPPiEr" There's actually significant evidence of this. Unlike your "spiritual people are happier" self-referential nonsense page. [Reference](https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/bad-news-for-the-highly-intelligent/). Note that this cites sources from outside its own publication.


throwaway24562457245

> Atheism was a novel concept in 2008 Diagoras of Melos (executed for being an atheist) would like a word with you from ~500BC > Also fuck anyone who tries to tell you that the Prosperity Gospel is a thing. [Here's wikipedia on it](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosperity_theology). I refuse to let you gaslight people on this.


throwaway24562457245

> See Also: JESUS WAS RIPPED OFF WORD FOR WORD FROM HORUS! Actually, there's some evidence that the Jews are the remains of the followers of Horus.


HawlSera

Even if that's the case Jews =/= Christians. There really isn't any proof and the Horus Myth has nothing to do with Jesus. Dawkins himself tried to look into this for a book and even he, let me repeat, even the poster-child for fucking r/atheist could find nothing to this beyond a damn urban legend


throwaway24562457245

Who's Dawkins?


wikipedia_answer_bot

This word/phrase(dawkins) has a few different meanings. You can see all of them by clicking the link below. More details here: *This comment was left automatically (by a bot). If something's wrong, please, report it in my subreddit:* r/wikipedia_answer_bot *Comment `wab opt out`(without any other words) to opt out (wab stands for wikipedia answer bot). Note: you are opted in by default* *Really hope this was useful and relevant :D* *If I don't get this right, don't get mad at me, I'm still learning!*


throwaway24562457245

wab opt out


HawlSera

Richard Dawkins is a Biologist who is believed to be responsible for pushing Atheism into the Mainstream in the mid 2000's with his book The God Delusion and its follow-up The Selfish Gene The books have been criticized for explaining religion through "Meme Theory", which Dawkins claims is totally real science he learned through studying Biology, but it is considered a psuedoscience as there is no real way to study it as it doesn't make any falsifible statements. He has also come under fire from Professors of Theology for blatantly ignoring historical context, misrepresenting scripture, and oversimplifying religious arguments down to strawmen. He came under fire from Humanists for attempting to start a "Brights" movement, to codify a system where the less you believe in God the "Brighter" you are, and the more the "Dimmer", a system which looked suspiciously like Fascism. He came under fire from LGBT Groups for his blatant transphobia and being a TERFy piece of shit. He's come under fire for his statements on Muslims and for low-key, (alongside fellow New Atheist Horseman Sam Harris), suggesting we should just blow up the Middle East to "Cure the world of Islam" He came under fire for defending an Atheist man at a convention accussed of Sexual Assaulting a woman in an Elevator by saying "Well she should be grateful it was an Atheist, if it were a Muslim she'd have been full-on raped!", and for being big on Misogyny in general. And he has come under fire from STEM fields in general, for being an egotistical dick who treats his colleagues like shit and just assumes he'll be given favors. Still he is considered the figurehead of what many call the "New Atheist Movement" which was started by the Four Horseman, Bill Maher, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, and Christopher Hitchens, and the name "Richard Dawkins" is considered simultaenous with both Atheism, and for those who look up to him, Science in general. (Though what Dawkins actually does for Science aside from saying "God Bad", something that does absolutely nothing to help our understanding of the world, and alienates Scientists of Religious Backgrounds.... is anyone's guess. Especially since Modern Science is transitioning from a Materialist View of the Universe (Which is what Dawkins advocates) to something many call "Panpsychicism" which is the idea of that all things are conscious, possibly even sharing the same consciousness, and that spirituality is just how we connect with this global consciousness... Now this doesn't mean you are psychic and connecting doesn't really give you any powers nor does Panpsychicism make any kind of conclusive statements about God or the afterlife, it just kind of feels good and helps both your emotional and mental health) And THIS guy still couldn't find any proof linking Jesus to Horus beyond an Urban Legend.


throwaway24562457245

> Atheism into the Mainstream in the mid 2000's Ahh, so he's not relevant at all then. > [...] And he's trying to become a prophet of atheism? Wacky guy. Sounds sus. --- Fun fact about atheists: We don't need prophets. We don't need advocates. Atheism is the null hypothesis. --- > And THIS guy still couldn't find any proof linking Jesus to Horus beyond an Urban Legend. This guy sounds like an idiot, so his lack of ability to do anything shouldn't be taken as evidence in any way. > Especially since Modern Science is transitioning from a Materialist View of the Universe (Which is what Dawkins advocates) to something many call "Panpsychicism" which is the idea of that all things are conscious, possibly even sharing the same consciousness, and that spirituality is just how we connect with this global consciousness... [Citation Needed]


HawlSera

You do realize that an Atheist not knowing who Richard Dawkins is, is kind of like a Communist who doesn't know who Karl Marx is, or an American who doesn't know who George Washington is? Hell I'd argue an Atheist who has never heard of Richard Dawkins is like a Catholic who's never heard of Pope Francis. As for the \[Citation Needed\] It's been a big thing, especially now that we've discovered that planets are fully aware. Here's an article describing the shift from MAterialism to Panpsychisim [https://mindmatters.ai/2021/04/why-would-a-neuroscientist-choose-panpsychism-over-materialism/](https://mindmatters.ai/2021/04/why-would-a-neuroscientist-choose-panpsychism-over-materialism/) It's been happening alongside mainstream acceptance of Witchcraft as we see that Spirituality is directly tied to one's Mental Health and overall Happiness There's the fact that Near Death Experiences continue to be reported and none of the "Debunks" have been successful at explaining this away And how Meditation is catching on so well that even Sam Harris, who I mentioned before, had to admit that it was real and even started suggesting his followers do it.


throwaway24562457245

> You do realize that an Atheist not knowing who Richard Dawkins is, is kind of like a Communist who doesn't know who Karl Marx is, or an American who doesn't know who George Washington is? You're treating atheism like a religion or philosophy again. This is a common mistake that the religious make, because it's easier for them to think of atheism as "just another religion" than to wrestle with the idea that the universe doesn't actually have any greater meaning or purpose. I don't care about the pop idols who are making money off atheism, I just want the religious to not do stupid stuff because of their fairy tales. > we've discovered that planets are fully aware. > mainstream acceptance of Witchcraft LOL! Now you're just trolling. > And how Meditation is catching on Meditation has always been a useful tool. And has long had practitioners outside of religion.


HawlSera

1. Because it is a philosophy.. 2. No really r/SASSWitches 3. Yes but it was discredited as New Age Woo for the longest time


throwaway24562457245

> Because it is a philosophy.. No, it's not. Atheism is a ***absence*** of a religion. There are many philosophies that include atheism as a default assumption, but atheism ***itself*** isn't a philosophy. Atheism is the simple idea that, for lack of any evidence, belief in religious fairy tales is unfounded. It makes no claims. That you don't understand this really simple thing does explain a lot of what you've been getting wrong. > No really r/SASSWitches Who cares about a tiny subreddit? That doesn't say anything about mainstream acceptance. I think you might spend too much time on the internet? > Yes but it was discredited as New Age Woo for the longest time Yet again you show your ignorance. You might also be talking about "meditation plus some extra stuff" whereas I'm just talking about meditation on its own. You do seem to like to run concepts together then claim they're all one thing a lot, so I'm not surprised at you doing that here as well.


forgotmypassword778

Rent Free